‘All I want for Christmas is you, just kidding buy me makeup’
I feel no makeup look is complete with a lipstick, even just a nude one. I love winter lip colours, they are by far my favourite colours to wear. I love the dark, mauve tones of them all!
- MUA Lip Stain Shade Watermelon. This is the perfect true red. It stays on all day, doesn’t budge smudge or transfer at all! I love this colour with a simple eye look, it really makes you look you have everything together when you most likely don’t!
- MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Laquer Shade Kooky. This is my favourite dark purple lipstick. As soon as I apply it I instantly get Autumn / Winter vibes.
- PS… Super Matte Liquid Lipstick Shade 02. I am sure this is the most inexpensive liquid lipstick I own, yet one I reach for the most often. With just one swipe I can get the perfect amount of pigment while being even on the lips.
- Freedom Makeup Shade Dusk Till Dawn. This is a dark red/purple colour, which is perfect for this time of year with a simple smokey eye. This is more of a satin finish, so it doesn’t stay on the lip as long as the previous colours, but at such a low price I don’t mind reapplying throughout the day.
- MUA Luxe Lip Gloss Shade Glitz. I am sure this lip gloss was made for Christmas! The base colour is a true red, but it has golden sparkles in. What says Christmas day more than that? It doesn’t feel sticky on the lips at all and it stays for quite a few hours. I am not a lip gloss person at all, but these MUA ones I can wear.
- Klean Color Shade 1667. This is the perfect blue/green for this time of year, I love wearing a bright lip colour, it takes the focus off the completely bare eyes. The first swipe does apply a little patchy, but once you apply the second coat you wouldn’t know! The finish can be a little tacky, but it’s not something that makes me feel uncomfortable at all.
- Makeup Revolution Retro-Luxe Metallic Liquid Lipstick Shade We Rule. This liquid lipstick stays on the lips all day, with no smudging to transferring. It has a slightly metallic finish, I wouldn’t say it’s an over the top look but it’s a nice little extra touch. The base colour is a nude with a shine of a golden colour.
What is your favourite lip colour for the winter time? Jade xo